Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

data dvd disc problem

• Please log in to reply

billybriton

billybriton

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
right chaps i bought a new pc over the weekend, so i burnt all my music and pics using nero 6 dvd-rom(udf) format on my old pc and now when i put the discs in my new pc it is saying the disc is empty :whistling: i checked every disc when i burnt it on my old pc and it showed the files had been burnt, anyone got any ideas whats wrong?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi billybriton...

Try the Adaptec UDF Reader Driver. It may be that the new machine simply can't read the UDF formatting.

wannabe1

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to "close" or "finalise" any DVD-UDF discs that were made on your old PC before the new PC can read them. In future don't use the DVD-UDF option. UDF is only required if any of the individual files you need to burn are larger than 2Gb. If that's not the case, use the normal DVD-ROM ISO option for backing up music and photo files. Then you won't run into that problem when you want to read the discs on a different PC.