Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot get machine to see Local Profile

• Please log in to reply

beachmike

beachmike

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Is there any way to FORCE a workstation to use a "Local Profile"? I have one workstation that will not see it's Roaming Profile ( which I really dont need) or it's Roaming Profile. and the User ( Managment) is tired of loosing thier emails and documents.s

Please advise...

Im running Windown XP Pro....

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
http://www.microsoft...70-42470E2F3582 hello beachmike. here is what microsoft describes as a hot fix for the issue your having.if theres any problems and you need to contact support refer to article id #837115. hope this helps

Edited by Fenor, 05 June 2007 - 10:17 AM.

beachmike

beachmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the idea....Im going to try it today....Im actually a video editor who mistakenly mentioned that I built a couple of computers....me and my big mouth, now I'm the Pseudo IT guy at work....what a world!!!!!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
well i smell a pay increase :whistling:

beachmike

beachmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I now have several machines that all have the same problem....they will not recognise the "Roaming Profiles' and now when I set up some systems, I get a screen that says it cannot open the Roaming profiles OR the Local Profiles....

What gives? We had another guy who was messing around with the server a while back, could it be a setting on the server that isnt allowing someone to keep their local profile.

The fix mentioned above did not work ....I still am at a loss.....any suggestions? On the server side perhaps....I have one XP Pro machine with the problem and one Windows 2000 Pro machine that is also giving me the finger...

Thanks in advance...

Bigmouth