Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting a Blog into the WWW

• Please log in to reply

norms corner

norms corner

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
How does one get a blog into the "world"? I have seen some blogs on google but do not know HOW they get there. I have several blogs but so far.. I am just talking to myself and that gets boring.. There HAS to be a way to get my blog out into the world.. Any ideas???

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Link Exchange with other people can be useful. You can also comment on blogs and intrigue people to visit your website.

norms corner

norms corner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks for ur reply.. I have tried that on my responses that I gave but so far... to no avail.. I have tried to find out HOW to put my blog links onto google and also yahoo but do not have an answer yet.. May not even be possible.. I have to ATTEMPT to realize also that there are millions of people trying to do the same thing....

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

I have to ATTEMPT to realize also that there are millions of people trying to do the same thing....

exactly...

Link to it in emails, signature, comments, etc. that you write.

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Yeah, i'm also in a similiar situation for the forums *hint byteforums.com* which i am attempting to startup.

Link exchange with a more popular website which gets traffic always helps for a beginning as there really is no other method without being called a spammer.

Signatures, userbars, IM nicknames, advertising on currently admin'ed sites by you.

Also, adding your website to forums greatly pushes up your pagerank on google because of the amount of links there are towards your website.

Email spam is the worst option.

Hope i was of help.

norms corner

norms corner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
W hat do you mean by email spam? How is it done?.. this would be interestinig to know so I will not be doing any email spam...by the way. thanks for ur comment.

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

W hat do you mean by email spam? How is it done?.. this would be interestinig to know so I will not be doing any email spam...by the way. thanks for ur comment.

Basically, its when someone creates a script that 'spiders' websites like this for all known Email's, then they mass mail using these addresses. (Normally)