Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All drivers installed but still no audio.

• Please log in to reply

~Bruce

~Bruce

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have integrated audio on my ECS P4800PRO-M motherboard and I've installed all the audio drivers but there still isnt any sound. I've tried multiple speakers and headphones so I know its something to do with the motherboard. Anybody know what could be going on?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Can you tell me if you're using the front or rear audio ports please? If you're using the rear ports, then make sure that the front audio ports (if any) are NOT connected to the motherboard.

~Bruce

~Bruce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm using the rear ports, my case doesnt even have front audio ports.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may need to install these drivers from Microsoft before your audio card drivers will work.

http://support.micro...kb/888111/en-us

~Bruce

~Bruce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

You may need to install these drivers from Microsoft before your audio card drivers will work.

http://support.micro...kb/888111/en-us

Where is the download link on that page? I cant seem to find it.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, here's a couple of things to check -

1. Go to Start->Run and type devmgmt.msc {press OK}
In device manager, look for any devices that have yellow exclamation marks or red x on them. Expand the sound/video controller branch & make sure that the sound card is listed correctly in there with no (!) or (x) anywhere.

2. If there were no errors in device manager, then try this next step - power off the system & open up the case. In the bottom left corner of the motherboard you should see a bunch of pins labeled AUDIO1.
If the pins are completely bare, they'll look like this:
o o
o o (i.e 2 rows of 5 with one missing)
o o
o
o o

If they are jumpered, they should look like this :
_o o
_o o
[o o]
_o
[o o]

Let me know if there are any jumpers in place & if so, whether they are covering the same pins as in the diagram

Edited by Samm, 05 June 2007 - 03:06 PM.

Tim'A

Tim'A

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Sorry Tyger (and bruce) but on the link tyger provided it states

"Note This hotfix is not available for download. To acquire this hotfix, contact Microsoft Product Support Services. For more details, see the "More Information" section."

No one likes contacting Microsoft (or any customer support :whistling: ) so you should probably only use this as a last resort.

Edited by Tim'A, 05 June 2007 - 03:39 PM.