Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new problem with blue screen stop codes

• Please log in to reply

nonosma

nonosma

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Awhile back, I found I was having trouble with system crashes and getting error with the blue scree which intimated that something was amiss with my graphics card. Well, after a complete system meltdown , I am now once again getting the error screen. Now it happens even if the comp is just sitting doing nothing. I really need some help with this please. :whistling:

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Is there anything in the event viewer that gives a warning or an error right before it crashes?

If so post them here.

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
No, I get no warning, it just crashes to a black screen or goes to the blue windows error screen.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Lets go ahead and take a look at those minidumps.

Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the minidumps.

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > use the "add reply" option upload that zip file here as an attachment.

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Here they are. Hope I did this right.
Hopefully this will be able to help me and you figure this out.
:whistling: Thanks.

Attached Files

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Is anyone still helping me? I dl'd the mini dumps like you asked. :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I apologize for the wait,

I knew I left another blue screen post somewhere.

The results from the BSOD are in.

minidump from 06-26
Debug session time: Sat May 26 09:34:44.007 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 22:07:54.337
BugCheck 100000D1, {2, 2, 1, 85be6704}
Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!CPortWavePci::Notify+a )

Minidump from 06-27
Debug session time: Sun May 27 14:03:13.584 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 1 days 4:28:18.859
BugCheck 100000D1, {2, 2, 1, 85ca8e0c}
Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!CPortWavePci::Notify+a )

The BSOD in both instances is 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in my experience this is a driver issue only.
There seams to be a microsoft article on this issue. Support KB article 921401 however you have to call Microsoft to get the fix.

This is a sound related issue. You can try reinstalling your sound drivers however the issue seams to be a Microsoft sound driver.

I still do not have sufficient information to diagnose the problem.

When does this Blue screen occur?
Does it happen in a specific application?

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
It used to happen just when pkaying my sims2 game, then it started to happen when my kids played games....now it happens whenever it wants to. I could leave the comp on and come back in a few hours and the bloue screen will be there saying that it had it shut down. It happens alot, but I have figured out ways to outsmart it. SOmetimes i get the application has crashed because it was caught in an infinite loop, but mostly the blue screen. :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Sorry for the wait in the long reply.

Go ahead on download HDtune in my signature and give it a run.

Reply back with results.