Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 10

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I'm sorry this is such a silly question, but I'm curious:

I have wmp 10 and the the text color of the "now playing" song in the library window, now playing list, and wmp toolbar is orange (see attachment). In all the screenshots I've seen online, as well as on my laptop, the text should be green. I spoke with another user whose text was purple. The "now playing" color does not seem to depend on the player color selected with the color chooser, and I do not have the "black as background color" option checked.

If anyone has any ideas why the text is a color other than green, or if anyone has the same issue or a comment, I'd appreciate your post.

Thanks.

Attached File  wmp10orange.bmp   57.29KB   208 downloads

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 04 June 2007 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Its the media player skin your using. Go to skin chooser (found under view in full screen mode).

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Hi Starjax, thanks for your reply.

It's not the skin, since I'm in full mode and therefore not using one. Nevertheless, I tried applying a skin after I saw your comment to see if that would change anything, but when the player is minimized (regardless of the skin selected or if it's in full mode) the now playing area (that pops up when hovering mouse over the toolbar) still has orange text as in my attachment.

Here are all three examples I mentioned earlier. The green and orange are from my two computers, and the purple is from a user on another message board.

wmp10orange.JPG
wmp10green.JPG
wmp10purple.jpg

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 06 June 2007 - 08:54 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the only other ideas that occur to me is:
1)are you running a custom desktop theme?

2)do you have any custom plugins installed?

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I haven't installed any plug-ins. Whatever is there came with wmp.

I'm using Windows XP olive theme. The only themes I installed additionally are Royal/Energy Blue and Zune.

Thanks so much for you help and ideas. I'll have to compare plug-ins between the two comps as soon as I can get to both.