Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

motherboard and graphics card

• Please log in to reply

mindragon

mindragon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so for a while now my computer has been freezing at startup and wont let me play a lot of games that arent even online. for some reason i dont get enough fps which is confusing since i dont have a bad graphics card so i looked at my specs on my graphics card and it said version mismatch so im guessing i dowloaded the wrong driver? i have a geforce fx 5200 and i tried to dowload it again off of nvidia but when i ran the saved program it said that "The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"
so im wondering if my motherbaord is out of date and if i need a new driver for it if so how? i dont know how to check my motherboard's spec and dont no where i can get the drivers off of but this is wat i ordered of off new egg if it helps at all
MB i875P|5P1A4D IC7-G MAXII ABIT RT

again your help is much appreciated!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You can get the mobo make/model from looking at the mobo itself. It will be etched/printed on it in large lettering if you open the case and have a careful look. If you'd rather not do that, you can run a free system info/audit application like belarc advisor which will tell you more about your PC's innards than you would want to know: http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

mindragon

mindragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok thx do u have any other suggestions on where i can get driver updates and how i should proceed on my graphics card? and i opened up my case and it said this ep-4g4a+ on the motherboard

mindragon

mindragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
when i did the scan using the website u gave me i got this i845G-W83627 as my mainboard but i cant find ne drivers on it :/

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Look in the belarc info on youre computer.
What does it say undre "System Model" and under "Main Circuit Board "
The 2 of these fields together should give u the full name of the computers mother board and then try to look it up.