Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VERY SLOW POST

• Please log in to reply

BKUniTY

BKUniTY

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For some reason whenever the switch on my surge protector is pressed resulting in it being turned off n on my computers POST is very slow for a couple days then resumes normal activity but this time around somebody i have no clue pressed the button and now my computer takes no lie about 6 mins to load up. I power on my computer and i get a black screen with the energy star logo the type of motherboard i have installed is displayed and from then on i must wait 6 mins and when it does load windows runs soo slow. web pages dont load as fast anymore, downloading more then 3 files freezes my mozilla for 2 mins then continues the downloading. Im fed up and I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Make sure you have all Microsoft updates.

Type chkdsk c: /f /r in the run prompt.

http://www.deltatran....com/chkdsk.htm

BKUniTY

BKUniTY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well i tried this and no success i still have the same problem...any other ideas???????ANYBODY!!!!!!!

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Check and see if your hard drive is stuck in PIO mode and not DMA go to "Start">>"Run" type in devmgmt.msc look for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers double click then double click on "Primary IDE Adapter" go to the advanced tab and look at the "Current Transfer Mode" if it says PIO then that is your problem. To fix it go to the "Driver" tab and hit uninstall, then reboot and Windows will reinstall it with the proper settings.

BKUniTY

BKUniTY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i did that and it says DMA in transfer mode section and in Current transfer mode it says Ultra Dma mode5...what now??????