Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

M4P to MP3 Conversion Causes Problems in WinXP

• Please log in to reply

JBZ

JBZ

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I downloaded a free Multimedia converter program to convert my Itunes M4P file to MP3. After running the program, It did convert the file to MP3 format but caused a great deal of problems to WinXP, NAV, System Audio, MS Outlook. The following are some error messages:
rundll32.exe
Outlook experienced serious error when c:\program files\symantec anti virus\vpmsece3.dll was opened.

I have removed NAV and reinstalled but I am not able to enable it, it keeps going to disabled mode. Any video games I try to play lock up system which says out of memory. I've performed a complete PC virus scan without errors. I own an HP Pavillion a1230n. When I try to load the original audio driver it fails. I will send more information...

Advertisements

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Here is more information on the problem...

When loading the Realtek AC7 Audio Driver Error code (0xc0000142) Application failed to initialize.

The Mulitmedia program: from Filebuzz.com
Name: 5star-ft.exe 5star free tunes v1.1.9.804

I am unable to save any Windows Movie Maker files to the hard drive since conversion. Getting some file association errors. I suspect the conversion file renamed a number of WinXP system files. I also have such low memory since the file conversion I cannot keep two IE windows open at same time.

When trying to open the Sims Program I get error message: failed to find any direct x 9.0c compatable graphics adapters in this system. This program worked fine before the conversion program. The video file is good and I've upgraded it from HP sight without problem.

Edited by JBZ, 05 June 2007 - 04:52 PM.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
helo jbz. what version of wmp player? click about on the help menu the version number will be there.im assuming your meaning mp4 to mp3 conversion correct?have you downloaded any codec packs? before going any further no matter what version you have. click the start menu an go to search click on the for files and folders. in the search window select search files an look for this "mmswitch .ax". only if you have nero burning software should you look for this..."neroburnplugin.dll". if they show up remove them they will not work with wmp no matter what the version.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I don't know whats going on but if you have iTunes you can import the songs you wish to convert, highlight them in bundles to save time, right click, and select "Convert to Mp3". This should not cause any problems, the programs you are trying to use (if downloaded off the internet for free) are probably containing malicious files that can harm your computer. iTunes is safe, hope this helped.

P.s. - If you don't have iTunes you can download if for free from Apple.com

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks Krmooo. I have to reboot my PC so I have enough memory to open windows media player. I did not find either file you mentioned on my hard drive mmswitch.ax or neroburnplugin.dll.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
good point steve your pc degrading so fast and programs that have nothing to do with wmp such as outlook, your norton not running etc. perhaps we should look at potential infection first. i understand you already ran a scan but lets just make sure go to our malware forum if you dont have a decent spyware program there is several there to download. be sure to update them after install. that panda on line virus scan is excellent.l

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys my version of Windows Media Player is 10.00.00.4036. Steve, I no longer have Itunes on this PC. After I ran the conversion software I removed a lot of programs to get my PC to boot without errors.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Well iTunes is usually error free. I personally recommend iTunes over Windows Media Player. I had a lot of problems :whistling: with it so I stopped using it.

Edited by Steve Soleimani, 05 June 2007 - 05:51 PM.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
dont worry about that at the moment lets be on the safe side and make sure theres no virus or things of that nature going on. the wmp player we can fix or uninstall an do it again. update sound cards an video drivers not a problem lets get your pc a clean bill of health before proceeding

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was running the latest version of Norton Internet Security with anti spyware when I ran the conversion program. When I reloaded I only put on NAV. I'll use Microsofts' new Anti-spyware and try it.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
i cant say jbz all im able to do is suggest what you might want to do concerning malware virus's and stuff. strange things start to go on when a potential dirty file or program is launched. i dont know if those files you converted are the problem or not i would send them to panda when i went there to have them check it out.i do know this, we will find out what isnt the problem after these scans, then we can move forward.

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have to reboot to get the Windows Defender updates to load because of low memory. I never had any type of memory problem before the conversion. See you in a minute...

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I installed and updated MS Defender and ran it. It did not find any problems.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
head over to pandasoftware.com

JBZ

JBZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok I'll check back in following the scanns.