Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you change video size

• Please log in to reply

thoughtparalysis

thoughtparalysis

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Okay so recently I edited a video with adobe premiere, and I encoded it as a .wmv file. This was all fine and dandy until I went to play it. The video was very small, and when I went to full screen mode it was very pixilated and choppy looking. So my question is: Is there any possible way to increase the video size without sacrificing quality?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you hold the cursor over the file and it shows kbps or kbits /s, 5000 is good 8000 is very good

Look at adobe premiere for an option to set the kbit /s rate to use when you transcode the file

thoughtparalysis

thoughtparalysis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
okay so it's at 900kbps...which is obviously not good...um is it possible to important that file into adobe premiere and re-encode just the final product...or would i have to go back to the raw footage...because i don't know if i have access to the raw footage anymore

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if you can make a clip from the file you have, then see if adobe will use a higher rate, if so, see if the clip is better