Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer wont boot normally plus I have BiSpy!

• Please log in to reply

JaszyPye

JaszyPye

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
My computer wont boot NORMALLY plus I have Psw BiSpy!!!?
I recently found out that I had a Trojan on my computer (PSW BiSpy) and I have been working for the past 3 days trying to get rid of it. I had no protection from any spyware adware or viruses beforehand and I had been seeing hidden files in every folder that I created and no matter how much I deleted them they came back. I didnt start to worry about it until my computer got really sluggish and thats when I discovered the trojan. The last few nights I have been busy installing Virus Spy and Adware removers such as AVG Free SpyCatcher and over 12 more (Registry Cleaners too). Nothing worked so I was searching for other ways to get rid of it and my computer got slower than it had ever been. It had took hours to try to shut down so I simply cut off my computer and cut it back on. When I did every thing looked big & pixely like I was in safe mode although I wasnt. Then I picked the option to boot normally by pressing F8 and it still happened. Im in safe mode now to fix this. What do I do?!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got any system restore points

JaszyPye

JaszyPye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I went into my control panel and tried to fix this entire problem by using the whole system restore thing but Im a total tech rookie and had no clue what I was doing. I couldnt find anything in that system folder with system restore in it so I closed out of it and as for "points" Im sorry but I have no clue what you are talking about. Im still in safe mode and just need step by step instructions on exactly what to try to be able to get my computer to boot normally. If you could explain the whole point thing I should be able to try it...what ever it is. Thanks ~*

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The theory is to get the PC to load normally, then use the Malware Removal Guide to deal with the virus

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Start the System Restore Utility at a command prompt

1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click 315222 to see a description of the Safe Mode Boot Options in Windows XP

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

You could look at using another PC to download the programmes needed for the Malware Removal Guide and try installing them using safe mode with networking, though check the modem is off, or the firewall and anti virus are running if you connect to the internet

JaszyPye

JaszyPye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I kept trying to type in that command prompt and it kept coming up (No such files found) Yes I was typing it in correctly. Oh and by the way I dont have XP Im running on a 2000 so im not sure that it has system restore. Thanks for all of your help T.T. Is there another way I can get my computer to boot how it should?

P.S This wasnt as easy as I figured it would be!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can stop looking for system restore, sorry

Go from here now

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

You could look at using another PC to download the programmes needed for the Malware Removal Guide and try installing them using safe mode with networking, though check the modem is off, or the firewall and anti virus are running if you connect to the internet