Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply

TomNJ

TomNJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
I deleted an account in Outlook 2002, and when I hit send and recieve it still trys to get email from the deleted account. An ideas?

Thanks

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi TomNJ!!!

In Outlook, click Tools menu, Email Accounts, View or Change. Do you see the account listed? If so, highlight it and click Remove.

If not, please provide additional information:

1. How many accounts do you have set up in Outlook?

2. Do you have multiple email profiles set up? (Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles)

3. What error(s) do you get when you Send/Receive?

It may be quicker and easier, if you don't have a lot of accounts, to create a new mail profile. Close Outlook. Click Start, Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles. On the General tab, click Add to create a new e-email profile. Give the new profile a name then click next until you get to the Server Type screen. Check your e-mail type. Fill in all your e-mail account settings. When you get back to the General tab, change Outlook's start-up option to "Always Use This Profile" then open the drop-down box and select your new profile. Reboot and then open Outlook.

Please post back.

TomNJ

TomNJ

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
The account is deleted I checked that before I posted. I have 5 different accounts in outlook. When I goto to control panel, email I do not have the option of show profiles. The only error I get is that it can not find the email server, and that is because my ISP canceled the account.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by TomNJ, 21 June 2007 - 09:25 AM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Tom.

Okay, are all the other accounts the same ISP or different?

Are any of them the same ISP as the deleted account?

Is there an error number associated with your error?

Is the error for the incoming or the outgoing server? Does it state which?

Have you looked in the Event Viewer for any additional information? To get there, click Start, then Run, type eventvwr.msc and click "Ok". Click "Continue". Event Viewer will open. On the left side of the screen are three categories: Application, Security, and System. Check under Application and System for any events that are listed as Warnings or Errors, that also have a date and time that correspond to the error. Once you have an event open, you can click the "copy to clipboard" icon (just below the down arrow) to copy the error text, then you can paste it in a reply to this thread.