Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message Popup

• Please log in to reply

Ms.Orange

Ms.Orange

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello. I use IE, and everytime I enter a new page, this window pops up:

Posted Image

I have no idea what it means. This only happens in my account on the computer, not in another's.
Unfortunately my computer's in chinese. The first sentence says "There is problem in the problem, must be closed," but I don't know which program it's talking about, nor do I know how to fix it.
I would appreciate any help I can get, thanks, because it's really starting to become annoying.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hi Ms.Orange

If it only happens on one user and not the others my first suspicion is that it would be user data corruption. Something you can do is create yourself a new user and move over the files from the old user to the new one.

Are you using IE6 or IE7?

Ms.Orange

Ms.Orange

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I don't know if it's IE6 or IE7
How do you create a new user account then delete the old account?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Lets go with the IE6 VS IE7 route first.

Do you see a gold bar around the E?

Ms.Orange

Ms.Orange

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
No, the E's just light blue.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Thank you for that information.

Before we continue with creating a new profile due to it is a pain. To copy the files over and change file permissions

Lets try a few things first.

Open up IE You have version 6.0. May i recommend Firefox as a alternate browser.

Go to Tools
Then on the drop down menu click on manage addons.
Disable all the addons in the list. Test to see if you still get a problem going from site to site.

Do you have any toolbars installed? If so what toolbars do you have? Try un-installing the toolbars see if that improves stability of Internet exploder.

Edited by tuxmaster, 06 June 2007 - 07:11 PM.

Ms.Orange

Ms.Orange

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
It worked! The popup has not appeared. Thank you. and by the way, sorry for the late reply.
However, I'm a little concerned. I disabled all the add ons and the pop up hasn't appeared, but what about the add ons such as Windows Messenger, Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper? Do I need those?
What is MySearch Search Assistant BHO? I don't think I've installed that.
For toolbars, I've installed the Google tool bar and the Kazaa toolbar.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Disabling the addons is only a Diagnostic test. Some of those addons are very helpful. Right now I usually would tell you to enable one addon at a time and test. But you have given me sufficient information to diagnose.

We now need to make certain that this issue is not malware because if we troubleshoot otherwise we may be wasting our time.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Ms.Orange

Ms.Orange

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I will do so in the Malware Forum. Thank you again. :whistling: