Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SLow and "sick"

• Please log in to reply

blendmik

blendmik

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I was referred to the forum by Annoyances.org. A few weeks ago I posted requests there for help for slow and locking up performance. I did a reformat and reinstalled my stuff, then it was fine for a while. Now whenever I start, I get a box saying "Windows cannot find 'regchk.exe". It takes forever to load pages and when scrolling it is stop and go. I have a HJT log I ran yesterday for anyone familiar with this stuff to help see if the problem is in there. I am running Windows XP Home on a Compaq Presario SR 1050 NX. Anyone have any ideas ? Do I post the HJT log, or wait for someone to request it, thanks!

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello blendmik and welcome to geekstogo.

In this thread we do not look at hijack this logs

If you want a hijack this log looked at

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Instructions things to do before posting in the malware fourm.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Have you reinstalled your video drivers?

blendmik

blendmik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay Tux...will do and thx!

blendmik

blendmik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay, my problem appears to be resolved. Wanted to let you all know so you can help others. I ran the Combo fix, the SD reg fix and did the Ewido scan and installed the Ewido malware guard for the future. I also did a reg.fix to add to the registry. The new HJT log shows a clean bill of health as do the other logs. The box is gone upon start and the machine is running super fast with NO problems to speak of. If anything happens in the near future, I'll be back. Thanks to Tux and all who may have helped. TC!