Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Stop Code OxOOOOOOFC

• Please log in to reply

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Computer is randomly giving BSOD code of Stop OxOOOOOOFC (OxB5FD7D64, Ox76F3E963, OxB5FD7CDC, OxOOOOOOO1)

can I trouble shoot which hardware device is failing by the code? MS says I have a hardware failure - this is a completely new computer. Any ideas what piece of hardware it can be?

Advertisements

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
The most common BSOD causes are bad RAM or overheating of the processor. Use Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to verify if your RAM is faulty or not. Just burn the ISO to CD as a bootable using MagicISO or something or you could make a bootable floppy using that either method is fine, Restart your PC with either the CD or floppy in the drive and let the test run it shouldn't take too long approx 10 mins on a PC with specs of Pentium 4 1gb ram. Post back results =)

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
How long have you been getting this blue screen error message?

Have you added any new hardware or upgraded any drivers recently?

0xFC: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the minidumps.

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > Create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like.
2 > Navigate to %systemroot%\minidump You can paste that address in address bar to get there. Then copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date.
3 > Close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > Use the "add reply" option upload that zip file here as an attachment.

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
here is the record of the last few dumps, not sure what format it is in - I just used the default compression

thx for your help

Attached Files

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
To Teddie -I ran Prime95 on the computer for 12 hrs on a torture test - testing the CPU as well as the mem - no erros

Tuxmaster - it is hard to determine the newest driver install since everything including the OS was loaded last week

The only thing I did in the bios was bring the Kingston Hyper x memory to it's rating of 4-4-4-12, 2.0 volts and 1T - 2 * 1g sticks

I hope we can resolve this, I hate to disassemble and RMA parts, hopefully you can determine if it is a driver issue from the mindump logs.

I really appreciate your help!!

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
tuxmaster,
I read one of the articles on troubling BSOD's (under you reply) - I set my computer to save the next kernel dump - I did not have a memory.dmp folder - is it created on the 1st kernel dump? According to the article kernel dumps provide more info than a mini dump - just thought it would be useful incase you needed it.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
jimmy27

Thank you for your reply. A Kernel Dump is not necessary for the troubleshooting we are doing. I am not at a system at this moment that I will respond with the results using the windows debugger as soon as I am able to. I estimate I will be able to tonight.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The results are in. As expected with a recent Operating System Reinstall.

Results of minidumps is mostly just mumbojumbo I extracted the important information but I put it there for teaching purposes and to help other people that may reply/read your post.

minidump 06-06-07-01
Debug session time: Wed Jun 6 21:27:51.515 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:28:55.203
BugCheck FC, {b5fd7d64, 76f3e963, b5fd7cdc, 1}
Probably caused by : hardware

When I saw that I thought gee thanks. Now to identify what hardware is failing.

06-05-07-03
Debug session time: Tue Jun 5 11:44:39.390 2007
System Uptime: 0 days 0:24:36.093
BugCheck 4E, {99, 2ae0b, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDecrementShareCount+3a )

06-05-07-02
Debug session time: Tue Jun 5 11:10:56.968 2007
System Uptime: 0 days 0:44:02.551
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bfa7c231, 968b5ad4, 0}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+a7231 )
Do you have on board Video? If not your Video Card may be having issues. nv4_disp.dll is nvidea have you downloaded the updated drivers for this card?

06-05-07-01
Debug session time: Tue Jun 5 10:26:18.062 2007
Time computer on 2:51:07.640
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 805bd47b, a7ed6bb8, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ObpLookupDirectoryEntry+f7 )

06-03-07-01
Debug session time: Sun Jun 3 17:27:46.203 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:22:42.915
BugCheck 4E, {99, 2f106, 3, 0}

06-02-07-02
Debug session time: Sat Jun 2 19:31:47.640 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:04:37.344
BugCheck 4E, {99, 23da8, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteValidAddress+156 )

06-02-07-01
Debug session time: Sat Jun 2 18:24:35.140 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:40:09.852
BugCheck 4E, {99, 3e623, 3, 0}

05-23-07-01
Debug session time: Wed May 23 20:36:14.234 2007 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.937
BugCheck 24, {1902fe, ba53f6dc, ba53f3d8, ba5d93b2}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are getting a lot of memory corruption errors.

In order of probability the possible parts that may have gone bad.

Video Card memory, RAM, Hard Drive, CPU/mainboard

I say Video Card Memory because of minidump 06-05-07-02.
Random Access memory. Because I looked at the test you ran and I do not see nor trust it with a Complete memory test.
Hard Drive Not so likely because we usually do not get Probably caused by : memory_corruption or BugCheck 4E for Hard drives because both of those deal more with the "Memory Queue" That is unless there is a issue with your virtual memory.
CPU/Mainboard Last because you tested it on something I would trust to Stress Test The CPU.

What type of video card do you have? Is it on board video?
Does this Error message happen usualy on video extensive applications?

Go ahead and run the memory diagnostics recommended above. Report back your results.

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card - video card

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2LLK2/2GN - memory

MB MSI P6N SLI PLATINUM NF650ISLI - MOBO

Do you think I should bring the memory down from the stated and back to the mobo default? Yes the crashes seem to center around video, such as gaming and internet browsing -

I will run the memory check, this should at least tell me if the memory can run at the manfg stated of 4-4-4-12, 2 Volts and 1T. I'm pretty sure I have the most recent video drivers, I'll recheck.

Will post back results.

thx

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ran 2 passes with the Microsoft memory tester - no errors

Updating Video drivers

Will post back how it works out

thx for your help

Advertisements

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
So far no BSOD, historically it would just seem to comeup when the computer is running for 6 hrs plus (sometimes but not often) or pushing it with a game (more likely) . I have not run any games and no BSOD's - why would it only give this error when the computer is pushed? it should be ok w/ temp as the video card is at 50C under load(which is normal for this card according to EVGA), the cpu gets up to mid to upper 40's under load - mid to upper 30's no load.

Video driver is most recent off of manfg website. If hardware fails, would it fail only when pushed or shouldn't it fail regardless of how hard it is running? I guess I'm fortunate it is not BSOD constantly - but it makes it more difficult to track the problem.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Depends on the issue. Some parts may fail only if pushed some may fail regardless.

Your tempeture reading do not nessesarly capture the video card chip and memory tempeture.

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Tuxmaster.
based on your mini dumps analysis (memory corruption) -I'm gonna try to change the bios to automatic for the memory. I'm wondering even though the Kingston Hyper X is rated at 4-4-4-12 1T 2.0 volts (my current bios settings), it is not working with the mobo - even though the mobo manfg has approved this particular memory.

I don't know what else to try.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Just because the minidumps come back as memory corruption does not mean that that is what it is.

It could be the way your video card handles memory or how the drivers are directing it to handle memory.Those memory tests only test RAM they do not test Video memory.

You said you updated the video drivers. That may have fixed it.

Are you still getting the Blue screen?

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yes, I got the blue screen last night just running a internet news reel, I changed the memory settings in bios to auto and tried running the video newsreels again - no blue screen - maybe just coincidence but I'll see>>>>>>>>>>>>>