Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

best laptop

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hi all,

looking for advice,

wanting to purchase my first laptop and looking for something inexpensive for school, internet surfing any maybe a game or two once in a while

if anyone can enlighten me, or offer your opinion on the following choices i have looked over

1. what are the major differences in choosing a AMD 64 x2 TL-50 over a Pentium T5600 core 2 duo for example

2. considering the following:
a. Compaq presario 6310 with an AMD TL-50, 1 gig ram, 100 gig 5400 rpm HD---------and nvidia 6150 video card
b. Dell inspiron 1501 with TL-60, 1 gig ram, 120 gig 5400 rpm HD-------------------------and radeon express 1150 vc
c. Dell inspiron 1505 with pentium core 2 duo T7200, 80 gig 5400 rpm HD 1 gig ram---and radeon x1400 vc

each is progressively more expensive as listed.

comments and suggestions are welcomed,

Thank you.

Edited by mannyz, 07 June 2007 - 06:48 PM.