Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

overclocking issues

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i tried my hand at overlocking my video card using the Nvidia program that is available for download. the mhz clock on my video card was set to 475, being overzealous i raised it to 600 mhz, which resulted in my monitor flickering for a minute. then there was no display. i knew then i should not have made that mistake, so i rebooted my system. on reboot i checked again and the mhz clock had been reset to 475 mhz to my relief, now my system freezes randomly and requires a reboot upon freezing.
i know my video card my be damaged, as expected. but could there be another problem with my system? i still get a display, but it now locks up. any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: after starting up again (letting it cool down), it runs fine as of now. what froze it was me running a benchmark in the nTune program provided by Nvidia, upon further research freezing during a benchmark is supposedly common...? not sure, but there doesnt seem to be any other damage or issues as of yet.

Edited by lpchris85, 07 June 2007 - 01:59 AM.