Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ooutlook 2000

• Please log in to reply

Donnad

Donnad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have three outlook accounts and have been receiving mail on all 3 without problems until yesterday. I have changed nothing and yet I get an error message: Unknown error, Error error OX80004005. How can I fix this. I ned mail from that account. I tried sendind to myuself from another account but it doesn't show that it was not delivered . Still I have not received it.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You should first check with that email account provider that they are not having any POP3 server problems. It may well be a problem at their end, not yours.

Donnad

Donnad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The problem is not the providers problem since I can get the account on web mail. Any other suggestions?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The fact that Webmail works is nice, but irrelevant. The problem you're having is caused by POP3 which Webmail doesn't use. Error OX80004005 is almost always caused by the provider and is known to occur with Hotmail accounts when set up through Outlook Express.

Edited by Neil Jones, 20 June 2007 - 03:19 PM.