Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 Message Forwarding

• Please log in to reply

Intern

Intern

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I have a question about working with Outlook 2003. When forwarding e-mails, is there a way to make the previous forwards and original e-mail appear in the body of the message instead of being made attachments in the e-mail? I basically just don't want to have to open up 15 imbedded attachments just to get to the original e-mail. Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Intern. Welcome to Geeks to Go!!

Forwarding the message as an attachment shouldn't be the default, so let's check a setting. Open Outlook, click the Tools menu, Options, Preferences tab, Email Options button. The bottom section is where you set the behavior for replies and forward. If you have "attach original message" in either box, change it to "include original message text" or "include and indent original message text".

Please post the results.

Intern

Intern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey, and thanks Linda. I followed through on what you suggested, and the "include original message text" box was already highlighted. But I just changed it to the "include and indent original message text" box and now it is working the way we had hoped it would. Thanks a lot for the help.

Edited by Intern, 08 June 2007 - 09:46 AM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Weird - no idea. Glad you got it working :whistling: