Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Outlook 2000

• Please log in to reply

timekostreba

timekostreba

• Pip
  • 1 posts
can you set up 2 different e-mails in MS outlook 2000 and if you can how do you switch back & fourth? I belive I set up the 2nd e-mail acct but i can fig out how to open it. (I know in outlook express you use Switch Identity to go back & fourth to view or use the 2 accts.) can anyone help?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi timekostreba. Welcome to Geeks to Go!!

Adding another email should be easy. Open Outlook, click Tools menu, Email Accounts, then Add an Email account. You'll need all the email account settings, including user name, password, incoming and outgoing mail servers.

I haven't used Outlook 2000 in a while, so if my instructions don't match what you see, you can get there also by going to the Control Panel, Mail.

Please post back if you have any problems.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts

From PM:
Thank You Linda after the acct is set up how do you switch back & fourth, I belive I had that set up right loke you said but I could not go back & fourth between the 2, like you can in Outlook express where you just switch with the Identitys

Thank You, Tim

What you've done is add the second email account into the same mail profile, so there's no switching. Email for both accounts (assuming they are both POP3) will be delivered into the same Inbox. You can use Rules to move email delivered to one of the accounts into a sub-folder. The other possible issue is sending email with one account or the other. Once you've got two accounts set up, you'll have a button called "Accounts" next to the "Send" button in a new email message. To send with the non-default account, you'll have to select that account. Then you may have issues sending from the non-default account if the default account/ISP disallows other accounts using their SMTP server.

To have them truly separate, you'll need to set up separate mail profiles, which are similar to OE Identities. Close Outlook. Click Start, Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles. On the General tab, click Add to create a new e-email profile. Give the new profile a new, then click next until you get to the Server Type screen. Check your e-mail type. Fill in all your e-mail account settings. When you get back to the General tab, change Outlook's start-up option to "Prompt for a profile to be used". If you're not prompted, reboot and then open Outlook.

Please post back if you have other questions.