Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

freezing issue

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Well that seems quick for 11 passes but if you have no errors then try and load the os with just that stick in.

If no go then let us know what psu you are using, brand, watts and amps on the 12v,3.3 and 5v

Advertisements

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok any new qustions or ideas, anything that pops up in your alls heads will be very helpful, thxs

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
The amps is listed on a decal on the psu.

Make sure you have the 4 pin connector from the psu to the mobo pluged in

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok ive been using that stick the whole time, ummm dumb quistion, how do i find the watts info?

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
another qustion, umm whenever the computer needs to be restarted, like bios settesing, restart, and change and save setting in OS, it'll restart, but the screen will stay in idle (ornge light insteed of yellow) just donst resart right, so i have to manualy turn off the comp, wait a few secs then turn it on again. thxs

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

ok ive been using that stick the whole time,

Yes but if you were trying to install with the other stick in also and it is bad the that would cause the freeze

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
its a powerup,
aaaand
V- Voltage | Current | Frequency
input 115v- | 10a | 60hz-50hz
230v- | 6a |
V output +3.3v +5v +12v| -5v -12v +5vsb|
220w | 204w |
MAX 350w | 1.5w 9.6w 10w

hopefullly this is what u all needed

[bleep] it got messed up in the post

Edited by big10ken10, 09 April 2005 - 10:43 PM.

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thsis is a pic off it

Attached Thumbnails

• 11_124_063_03.JPG

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Ok lets recap so I have everything straight

You ran memtest on 1 stick of ram and it was error free, correct?
You then used only this one stick and tried to load the os but it frooze?

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
correct earlier today, i was able to install win 98, froze once, restarted finished installing,
with win 98-- able to go online, freezes when i install drivers for video, and such
tried win xp, it'll get to the screen where it tell u to restart (i have to turn off comp, then turn back on) then it'll ask press F6 to install Sata/raid/scsi drives i do select the right one and continues on then it'll get to like 32 minutels left (of 47) then freeze turn off computer, turn back on freezes around the same spot...

Advertisements

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hello??

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
what id advise u do is take everything out memory, graphics card and any pci cards and also the ide cables and also reseat the cpu and unplug and replug the ide cables from the drives then plug all neccacerys in such as memory ide cables and obviously processor and leave and pci devices out and if u have plugged in any usb or serial devices leave them unplugged so to summerise that just incase reseat everything and then plug only the basics and bare minimum and if all is fine then plug things in 1 thing at a time which will obviously isolate the casue if this is the cause.

james

big10ken10

big10ken10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
good idea, i tried that a while ago when i first tried to build this thing, went thru step-bystep, , still freezeing. but recently i downloaded this "Fresh Diagnostic" tool thingy that check my entire computer , everything seemed fine, UNTIL i clicked on Busses-info on PCI,AGP and cardbus Busses, when i clicked on that the computer froze,, and the same happended when i clicked on SCSI info, these arnt random these two are the only things i can narow it down to, i ran pc benchmarkers, and 3dmarkers, and not once did it freeze, i installed FFxi and it dint freeze durning installation, (havent played yet lost the regi. codes), anywho, im trying to find more tools to check my "Busses" and my "SCSI", if anyone has any tools that might help me, or info, it would realy be helpful thxs!!

oyea also the mobo dosnt have a intergrated vid, so i put a radeon 7500 series in a PCI slot, could that be a problem, also i noticed that the vid card dosnt fit perfectly in the PCI slot, it seems that it dosnt "sit" in all the way, i can still see the copper threadings, ..

Edited by big10ken10, 10 April 2005 - 11:04 AM.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Ok I'm a little lost here,

You now got windows 98 installed but still can not install XP?

List your temps and voltages from bios

I read the specs on the psu but I am looking for amps on the 3.3v, 5v, and the 12v rail. This is important on newer systems and to be honest that ain't a very good psu and if the amps on the 12v rail are not in the 20's I would get another name brand one.

I might be able to tell more from the voltages listed in bios.

Rick

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I'm following this thread with great interest. I'm currently working on a pc for a friend and her pc is freezing even more frequently than big's. I even upgraded the BIOS and that didn't help.