Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.TTF Files

• Please log in to reply

TheWern

TheWern

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi Again,

Dont laugh....
A while ago I tried to get some fancy fonts to use, and having downloaded them, I couldn't find out what to do with them - so I gave up. BUT NOW......
I have been sent a .TTF file and a request to help someone do a menu page for their site. Although I'm sure its as basic as can be, I dont know what to do with it ! ! ! !
I use Dreamweaver and the Macromedia suite.

Thanks

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
In Windows XP, simply copy and paste the TTF file into the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder. It should automatically be installed, and be available for use on any program. If you have an instance of a program running at the time, you may need to close it and re-open it for it to recognize the new font. Also, sometimes a restart may be needed.

Edited by stettybet0, 08 June 2007 - 12:43 PM.

TheWern

TheWern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
THANK YOU - Its easy when you know how.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
But know that everyone that visits your site and does not have it installed will not be able to see the fancy text.