Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trouble Going from win2000 to win98

• Please log in to reply

FELICITY

FELICITY

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I currently have win2000 on a very old comp. i have two hard drives 2Gb and 4Gb. the 4Gb one is no longer responding so i am down to just the 2Gb.
anyways i want to go back to useing my win98 operating system and i can't remove win2000.
i want to erase all the info on both hard drives if i can get the other to respond again. i think i may have just accidentally removed its driver but i can't even reinstall it.
any help?

Advertisements

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
ok well the easiest way is to remove the partition go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and create urself a nice little boot disk making sure the bios is set to boot from floppy select without cd rom support then when u get to the command prompt type "fdisk" then remove the partition reinstall it, then restart boot to the command prompt this time with cd rom support type "format c:" obviously all of that without the quotes and then when its finished formatting type "D" and then setup.exe and it will start to load 98 just follow instructions and away u go. oh and just 1 other thing windows 98 will not pickup the second hdd if it is ntfs u will need to format that using fat 32.

james.

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
FYI
There is an excellent win98 install reference on this site at:
http://www.geekstogo...s_98-t9803.html