Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
As my system was loading and after coming up on my Desktop, got this message: Sdsystemtray has caused an error in MSVCR71.DLL. What ??? I do want to say that after purchasing the full verison of Spyware Detector it seems all these problems occured. I posted several days ago about my Sound going out and after getting that problem fixed, now this, I dont know if this program I'm running is causing this.

Thank you 4 your help !!!

Edited by deb306, 10 June 2007 - 11:48 AM.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
SDsystemtray is the Spyware Detector system tray icon, and MSVCR71.DLL has to do with Microsoft .net Framework version 1.1. You could try to reinstall Spyware Detector, if that doesn't fix it try to reinstall the .net Framework, if you have a highspeed internet connection, it is a 23 mb download.
Microsoft .net Framework 1.1

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
CMW,

Thank you for your reply. I had a systems crash last month and after I was able to get my Desktop back, at the time of doing all the Updating on Microsoft, I read that the .net Framework 1.1 could never be uninstalled or deleted because it could do harm to my system. But on the other hand, if I can uninstall and reinstall, I will do as you have instructed me, what's you comment on that.
:whistling:

Edited by deb306, 11 June 2007 - 06:03 AM.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
I would try to reinstall Spyware Detector first then if that doesn't work then try the .net Framework. The link that I gave you is to a stand alone version that does not go through the Windows Update site. Just download it and install, it will just overwrite the previous install.