Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! My computer keeps shutting itself down randomly...

• Please log in to reply

k-aos

k-aos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer keeps shutting itself down at random times, and sometimes I just forget to save my work. Yeah. So does anyone know what's wrong with my computer? According to my Anti-Virus software, there are no more viruses, although I found a Trojan Horse virus shortly after my computer started shutting down last Wednesday (6 June 07) and deleted it. I created a new account and deleted the previous one, but it doesn't help.

I posted my problem on Yahoo! Answers, "My computer keeps shutting itself down randomly but I can't find any virus. How can I 'save' my computer?", and a nice guy (Stuckart) referred me here to "download some easy software which you can run that will give a log of all the adware, virus, etc. that are hidden on your machine"

I'm wondering if any of you here knows what easy software he's talking about, and if it really works, or you know a better solution to this problem.

Thank You.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi k-aos,

I think " Stuckart" was talking about a HijackThis log, this is a tool experts here on the forum use to see if your computer is infected. I would like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a new thread click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

Thanks,

k-aos

k-aos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks,