Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System will not POST

• Please log in to reply

higgies

higgies

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
What about the Soyo Dragon+? That's really interesting. I knew it had to be the problem. I just didn't think about it.

EDIT: Ah, I also just remember though I get the same problem with only the previous RAM installed and that is Non-ECC.

Edited by higgies, 12 June 2007 - 07:12 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
No, the Soyo board doesn't support ECC either. This doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work with ECC but the chances are it won't. And it definately won't work if there is non-ECC as well as ECC ram in the system.
The point I made in my last post about registered/buffered ram is also relevant to this board - i.e it won't work

higgies

higgies

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
thanks Samm. Like I said, I didn't really think about it when I bought it. I appreciate your persistence with my issue. I'll go get some non-ECC and try it. I'm hoping that the pop was the non-ECC chip blowing and that's why it's not workin on its own. I'll start with something small to just check it out. I guess I could've save us a lot of time by mentioning that detail up front, eh?

Hopefully I'm not positng back in here, but I'll update ya regardless. Have a good night!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Cheers higgies and yes, keep me updated!