Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys keeps resetting, please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Yellowleader

Yellowleader

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi, I have a linksys WRT54G router hooked up to a main computer, and my computer is wirelessly connected to it. I have never had any problems like this except until about 3 weeks ago.

For some reason now, every 20-30 minutes my connection just goes out, and then comes back up immediatly. So I lose connection, then about 5 seconds later it finds the network and connects back. It is just getting annoying because when I am playing a game or something, it just randomly goes out!

Any ideas guys? Do you think that the router is dying? I just recently repaced my network card in the computer because it died, do you think the router is also starting to go?

thanks,
matt

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Duplicate: http://www.geekstogo...lp-t160810.html