Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Custom _PC Problems

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Hello,

I'm having some problems with a custom PC. It's almost fully custom but not quite. I Have upgraded the case and motherboard and
power supply unit. But the system will not start up. Once I put in the new upgrades it doesn't start. I will press the power button and
then you know all the stuff will turn on but I get nothing on the computer screen and yes I have rechecked all the wires and I have
made sure that they are securely fit and are in the right places. I have double checked the RAM cards and they are tight in place.
Same with the graphics card. I am really really stumped on what could be the problem. I was thinking it was that the motherboard
did not support the CPU I had in there cause I recently had a problem when I upgraded my CPU on another PC and it gave me the
same garbage of everything turning on but no screen. But the Board does support Intel core 2 duo and Pentium D CPUs
and I have tried it with my core 2 duo chip and still no cigar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your time!

Snippy

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
What kind of MOBO is it? Has it never started up?

If your mobo has intergrated graphics start by pulling the graphics card and testing each stick of RAM at a time. If this computer has never booted and RAM doesn't seem to be the issue then your MOBO was probably DOA.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
The computer has been booted before I did this upgrade.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If it within the time that you can exchange the MOBO I would go ahead and RMA it.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Yeah I just did. I am going to return it and buy a different MoBo all together cause I recently sent it back
for a Replacement and it still doesn't work!