Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no background color on any websites

• Please log in to reply

tparty

tparty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just set up a used computer that was given to me . I bought a new monitor for it because I wanted a flat screen. It is for my kids to use. I thought everything was working fine, but my kids told me that there was no background color on anyof the websites. The background of every website is white.
That is the only problem. Surfing the internet can be boring without color. Please help me fix this so my kids can surf the net in color.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

Try this :
Assuming you are using XP, go in to the Help & Support Centre on the Start menu & click on Accessibility. Under 'Options for the visually impaired', look for a setting called 'High contrast'. If this option is turned on, disable it.

If that doesn't work then I suggest you try installing Firefox instead & use that as your main Internet browser. It won't fix the problem in IE but it should at least allow you to surf the web in full colour by using Firefox instead.

tparty

tparty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much! The high contrast was turned on. That was such an easy fix. I was worried that my friend gave me a computer with a virus. I had allready tried changing the browser so I knew it wasn't that. Thank you so much and my kids thank you. You Rock !

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome. Glad it worked! :whistling:

Edited by Samm, 13 June 2007 - 01:09 PM.