Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP CRASHES VERY OFTEN

• Please log in to reply

shotokando

shotokando

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi! My name is Panagiotis and i have a problem with my pc. When trying to login in my Yahoo messenger account or while viewing internet pages with mozilla my system freezes and i have to restart it. No error messages appear. Once i got an error about flash ocx and another time a blue screen of death. Sometimes appears the routine error message that there was an error and mozilla or yahoo has to close. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance!!

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
when you open your mozilla browser look in the top left corner for the version number. if it isnt 2.0 then it should be updated. go to your programs an in the mozilla fire fox folder use the "mozilla safe mode option" the ocx is a active x file extension. since the flash appears. im thinking its related to your flash player try updating your flash player.which can be found here....flash player

shotokando

shotokando

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well yesterday i thought removing all my hardware and cleaning the dust from my pc....then after i put it all back i got a beep signal and the pc couldn't boot. I rermoved one module of Memory and it worked, when i puted back the same thing happened so i think that it might be a hardware issue nor a software one. However i have to test my memory again to ensure it's problematic.
The mozillla version was 2.0.0.4 but the yahoo crashed as well.

Thank you for replying so fast!!!

shotokando

shotokando

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well i have some news. I made a new installation of the XP SP2. Installed the new jmozilla and yahoo and when i was directed to a page which had flash objects mozilla proposed to install the adobe flash plugin. I accepted and after 30 second my system frozen when i tried to open my yahoo page. I uninstalled the adobe flash plugin and installed the flash player. I will see what happens and let you know.
But the problem occured the moment i installed the plugin. Strange isn't it?

Edited by shotokando, 13 June 2007 - 03:56 AM.

shotokando

shotokando

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
UNfortunately the same thing happens again. For example when trying to visit the www.mojenagrade.co.yu the pc totally freezes. Sometimes on the first page sometimes on the second.

shotokando

shotokando

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well the same thing happens with internet explorer too. So it's probably the flash.ocx that makes it to freeze (freezes my keyboard as well). Do you got any ideas?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
you might try setting your hardware acceleration down some but ive never heard of a bad ocx file causeinf a complete pc freeze, let alone a blue screen of death :whistling: this might be more than just a faulty file and more of a graphic card issue. reduce the acceleration and lets see what happens

shotokando

shotokando

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
You are right but how am i going to reduce the acceleration? IS there any program which can diagnose what is the exact problem?
I get no error messages and it stucks when i visit some pages, but mostly it doesn't freeze. I believe that may that be a gr card problem but how am i going to diagnose it?