Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Word - Sub-Bullet points

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hello, I have to help my little sister on a powerpoint presentation and need to use sub bullets....i don't know if it is the correct name for this...let me explain....there are the standard bullet points, with automatically show up when you press the bullet point button in microsoft word or powerpoint...but they are only the first level of bullets....i would like at least a second level, smaller....

Is there any way to accomplish this?

(visual example of sub bullets)

- TOP LEVEL
_ - SUB LEVEL
_ - SUB LEVEL
__ - 2nd SUB LEVEL
__ - 2nd SUB LEVEL

etc etc

Thanks!

Edited by MaverickSidewinder, 12 June 2007 - 04:49 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you press the bullet button to make the bullets show up...type your first bullet and press enter...this will create the second bullet (or number)...then press teh tab key once...this SHOULD do your "sub bullet" commotion

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Now why didn't I think of pressing tab? I'm stupid, thanks a lot dsenette!

josh0213

josh0213

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, just joined.. heard the response but that doesn't automatically work on mine with tab. I've played with the multilevel lists and found a ton but it's wierd that I can't get that simple thing to work.

JackJackpot

JackJackpot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem as Josh with Word 2007.
On the bullet you want to turn into a sub bullet, right click and select Increase Indent, you can then change the bullet shape if you require.