Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safari now available for Windows

• Please log in to reply

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Safari 3 is now available for windows.

http://www.apple.com/safari/

Advertisements

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hmm I'm going to give it a try, what do you think?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
I mainly use linux so nope.

btw, security bugs found
http://news.com.com/...-9728500-7.html

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Oh, well I'm having problems viewing some random links lately in FireFox and IE (http://www.geekstogo...ks-t160347.html). I always use FireFox because it's better. So maybe, just maybe Safari will work.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I tried it last night after Chris Pirillo was talking about it on his live show. It is "ok". I wasn't pleased with the bookmark feature. FF's bookmarks are MUCH better, IMO. I also had a few crash / freeze problems on sites that worked perfectly fine in IE and FF both.

For now, I'll stick with FF.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I agree, but I'm still totally pissed off all together with the internet right now. Because of the websites not working.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
And as you've been told SEVERAL times already, sites will work again once you have all the malware cleared off your machine. Try exercising some patience.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I know that. But I have the best of the best (pretty much every program Geek to Go admin's and staff has recommended) Anti Mal-Ware applications, and have been scanning non stop all day, and yesterday. Some have detected 1 or 2 problems, others have not, but nothing is better. I think things are getting worse, because now things are slowing down a lot, and programs are taking longer to open up.....and such. Anyway this isn't the place to be talking about me anyway, I was just bringing it up before for the sake of conversation, and how Safari may actually open up those sites I'm having difficulty with, but it didn't work as I planned it would. :whistling:

So...what does everyone else think about Safari for Windows?

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I tried the safari and it crashed a few times. i guess it is not yet for multi language it doesn't do well in Hebrew.
I'm sticking with FF and IE for now.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Same here. FireFox rules. Hands down.

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Same here. FireFox rules. Hands down.

opera ftw

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Opera ftl

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
have yet to try Safari for Windows, but let's not forget it's only a beta version, not a finished product, so to be fair to Apple it's not surprising there are some wrinkles to be ironed out. That's the whole point of releasing beta software. It's unfair to Apple to compare Safari beta with fully mature and finished versions of IE or FF. They weren't without their own problems and bugs during development.

Edited by pip22, 20 June 2007 - 07:30 AM.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Don't worry when the next version comes out we will check it out as well.