Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please tell me if these parts go together

• Please log in to reply

phatjo911

phatjo911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I am in Korea right now, and I have found an E6600 processor cheaper than that on Newegg. Will my PC parts conflict with each other if some are bought from Newegg and some are brought/ bought from Korea?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
No, not at all. But you will want to make sure wherever you are buying is a reputable place. Also you need to think about what will happen if you need to return it.

Edited by Titan8990, 01 July 2007 - 06:48 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If you are overclocking to 3GHz, I strongly recommend you get a aftermarket cooler. Failure to do so will result in much shorter lifespan of the processor due to higher heat. It is likely your computer will not be stable with high temps coming from your CPU at these clocks.
James

phatjo911

phatjo911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Which Cooler is suiteable for overclocking to 3GHZ with an E6600?
How much of a performance difference is there between the 640mb GTS and the GTX if I am going to use a 22" monitor???

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
The size of the monitor doesn't matter. It is the resolution that counts. There are a few companies that make good coolers. The key is to get something mostly copper with a good CFM rating (probably 40 or higher). Thermaltake, Zalman, and Coolermaster make good products.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
While CFM's mean alot they don't mean everything, for an example high end Heatpipe coolers could easily beat out a low end fan cooler. I strongly recommend you make your decision based on reviews such as the following review.
http://www.anandtech...s...?i=2981&p=3

As Titan has already mentioned it's the resolution that makes a difference, I'm taking it you have 1680x1050 as it's the most popular for this size (cheaper as well). If this is your resolution there is a performance difference, again you'll have to look at reviews and make your own decision based on the performance difference for dollar because the GTX is the king (aside from the highly overpriced Ultra) and because of this you pay a premium. Unless you are a hard core gaming that demands ultra High AA, HDR, AF, and high settings on everything you won't need it. Also the 320MB version of the GTS would probably be better suited then the 640MB version. There is a slight performance difference, but if you have the resolution that I have already mentioned you won't notice much of a difference unless you are gaming will high AA. What settings do you normal game at, then I can help you by answering your question clearer, do you use any of the eye candy such as HDR, AA or AF?

James

Edited by james_8970, 03 July 2007 - 02:04 PM.

phatjo911

phatjo911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Yes, I do use most of the eye-candys that I can do, but so far I don't have much experience with them because I never had a PC that was fit for gaming. But I am planning to use all of those items once I build a new pc which to my plans are going to be for pretty hard core gaming..

AySz88

AySz88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

I strongly recommend you make your decision based on reviews such as the following review.
http://www.anandtech...s...?i=2981&p=3

BTW, here's an updated version of those charts. http://www.anandtech...s...?i=3022&p=5

phatjo911

phatjo911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Is there a better case for cooling than the Antec 900? ( with side panel window )

Can someone give me some info about multi-booting since I want to do it?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
There are many good cooling cases. The Thermaltake Armor series are very nice also. What exactly do you mean by mult-booting? You want more than one OS like Linux and Windows on the same machine?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
There are many good cooling cases, but the Antec 900 leads the pack which is why I bought one myself. What is good about it is that the PSU is at the bottom thus not where your cases it the hottest (as hot air rises), there is a huge fan to remove all hot air at the top and top back, then two intake fans at the front to cool your hard drives, you can also buy an additional 2 fans to cool off your GPU inside the case if you are an extreme overclocker.
James

phatjo911

phatjo911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
By multi-booting, I mean vista and xp pro

Where are the optional fan upgrade spots located???

Also, was there ever a demo for Rainbow Six Vegas and if there is, please can someone give me the link??

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
http://www.fileplane.....5B10-Minutes]