Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cod server ...

• Please log in to reply

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
After ive been told it is possbile to make a script for a cod that switches between rifles only and all wepons, i have benn fidling around trying to make one.
(http://www.geekstogo...er-t149459.html)
well ive manage to somehow buger up the cod files and have had to do 3 fresh installs :whistling:
i have come to the conclusion that i will have to do something like launch one .cfg file from another .cfg file after one game and the relaunch the otherone
ive fiddled around loads trying alll sorts of stuff but to no sucsess
the best ive got is press a button wen im on the server tht changes it but tht gets quite annoying
ive been looking @ modding guides but dont understand half of it

i havent done any scritping/modding before but find it interesting a would like to learn more
can anyone suggest wot a gd modding website is 4 noobs like me? as i cant find a basic one and can someone suggest something for my server?

thanks in advanced
SpuD

Edited by ==SpuD==, 12 June 2007 - 03:05 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I have never seen a server that allows you to switch between rifles only to anything else (on the fly). I do know that you can build individual config files and specify wich one you want to call via autoexec. Keep in mind that when you change it requires a server start.

here is a good resource with lots of info: http://www.modsonlin...als-list-4.html

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
kwl thanks
whats autoexec?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
autoexec.cfg

look for it in your "main" folder. Some versions of cod have it. I'm not sure if the original does or not.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
yes i read about it somewhere
unfortunatley the first game dosent have it :whistling:
if someone could upload it from the second game for me would it work with the first game if i changed some stuff?