Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound card ?

• Please log in to reply

sk8ingchocobo

sk8ingchocobo

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Basically whenever I try and play anything on Windows media player or itunes now it starts skipping and sounding distorted if I have anything running. However before I could load up hundreds of programs and my laptop could handle it easy. I've tried shutting everything down but Itunes and it will play the songs coherantly. I tried using the windows troubleshooter that did nothing. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. I even deleted some stuff to free up space (i've used 40/100 gb) my laptop genrally seems to be pretty annoying with its windows software etc but it could at least play music before. I've tried malware checks too and system mechanic neither have thrown up any anwswers. If anyone could help it would be amazing. I know the soundcard can't be totally broken because i can turn it up to full and its fine as long as nothing else is running. Thanks very much Ian.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
have you tried turning down your hardware acceleration? look under multimedia in your control multimedia| audio |advanced properties, try moving the slider down a bit.if you have the latest direct x diagnostic 9c , run that. look at your output devices as well to make sure the correct ones are listed. you didnt mention if this was a streaming issue, so im going by its when you play a cd. also contact apple since i tunes is from them.