Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help with my internet

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hey guys i'm trying to acess my schedule for college online and when i log in, it takes me straight to a blank page. It works on my cousins computer, but on mine it doesn't.

In the bottom in the task bar of the internet, it has a little lock and when i put my mouse over it, it says "SSL secured (128 bit)". I double click it and it opens up another window which says something about a certificate or something.

I really want to acess this at my house, not at my cousins house, anyone have a solution to this?

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi rollingstone24, my best guess would be to contact the college's tech department. Usually you'll find a help desk where they may be able to walk you through (or give instructions) on how to best setup your computer for access...

I think you'll find there's probably some simple setting somewhere that just needs to be changed...

Some other quick questions, though:

Have you tried using a different browser?
Are you experiencing any difficulties in other websites, or just your colleges?