Just seconds ago another hostname appeared, it says "laptop". Is this suppost to happen?
Maybe... No idea to be honest but if your laptop's Computer Name or your username is 'laptop' then it's probably fine.
You need to perform these steps for every computer/laptop that connects to your router.
1) Go to the Start menu in Windows & click on Run..
2) Type CMD in to the run box & click ok.
3) In the DOS comand window that opens, type ipconfig /all
then press Enter
4) Scroll through the list of network adapters that are listed & locate the one for your wireless adapter. Write down the wireless adapters PHYSICAL ADDRESS. This be in the form of six pairs of hexadecimal characters (eg A0-FF-0A-9F-30-B1)
5) I strongly recommend that you also write down the physical address for your ethernet card (assuming the laptop has one).
Repeat this process for all other machines on the network. When you have the complete list, go back to the laptop & open your usual web browser & access the routers configuration. (Normally this by typing http://192.168.0.1
in the address bar)
Locate the MAC filtering option (In Advanced - Filters menu, I believe)
Select MAC filters option, then select the 'Only allow computers with MAC address listed to access network' option.
Type a name in to the Name box (eg laptop wireless), then enter the MAC address (physical address) for your laptops wireless card. Make sure you do not get this wrong!!
In the DHCP Client box, select the relevant client (eg laptop) & click on Clone. (You may not need to click clone as you have already entered the MAC address into the box, but try it anyway & make sure it places the same address as the one you just entered).
Click on Apply.
Repeat this process for the ethernet cards MAC address but don't click on the Clone button.
Repeat again for all other computers on the network but make sure you select the relevant DHCP Client before clicking clone.
Be aware that if you miss a MAC address out (or get it wrong) for any of the computers on your network, that computer will not be able to access the Internet afterwards.
Remember to save the changes before exiting the routers configuration page.