Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player 11 using %50 CPU and running really slow

• Please log in to reply

jake.cooper

jake.cooper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. In the last couple of days Media Player 11 has been running really slow, i.e taking along time to rip, change windows, scroll through my music, the visualisations are jumpy and slow, takes ages to search my computer folders for new music. The music plays fine though and my computer does not run slow....all other aplications run fine. I checked out task manager and MP11 is using about 50% of my CPU. Now I dont know much about computer stuff, but that seems like a lot for it to be using just to play mp3's. This is a problem that has developed over the last few days, it never used to be like this. I have scanned my computer with everything i have (Norton, Ad-Adware SE, Spybot, SUPERAntispyware, Panda online thing) and as far as I can tell im clean. Its a weird thing cause nothing else seems to be affected but its annoyong when you just want to quickly change tracks and it takes like 20 seconds to scroll through your library from top to bottom, its also kinda freaky watching my CPU peak out when i have music playing and browsing at the same time.

Windows XP SP2
Intel Core2 E6400 @ 2.13 Ghz
2 GB RAM

Advertisements