Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd Drives

• Please log in to reply

LuvRonster

LuvRonster

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, gang... Is it my CD drives D & E, the quality of the discs (Memorex Music CDR) or the fact that certain PC drives don't read MUSIC-only CDR's burnt or copied by regular stereo equipment (JVC XLR2010)?

I have an HP 6020 CD writer and a Matshita CR 585 installed on my clone intel PC. They read any CD I put in it (data, digitally recorded music, commercial CDs) except the ones I burn or copy with my JVC audio equipment (music-only CDR).

The CDRs are 25 spindle Memorex, 700MB, 80 mins. They play everywhere else and sound fine.

I need to upload songs to send in emails and put on my website. I'm freaking out...
Thanks,
Ron

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi LuvRonster
Welcome togeekstogo
From what i have got so far on this is the jvc burns in a different format then a pc does that may be the reason your cd roms many not read it if you look in your JVC manual it will say that it will only read cd burn on a pc if they are done in couple of formats. I'm looking more into to make sure that this is right.
<_<

LuvRonster

LuvRonster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
<_<
Thanks, so far, Tazz... I had a suspicion that the format differences were to blame, and it just may pan out to be so. I haven't heard from JVC yet, though I emailed them as well with the same question.
If this argument becomes the fact, then I will have the option to record from a portable CD player via my sound card... and if there are any issues with that, you'll be sure to see a distress signal from me again!!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Just a comment on "music" CD-R blank discs. There is no difference between a "music CD-R" and a data CD-R. Music CD-R's are a compromise with the RIAA. A portion of the proceeds from "music" CD-R's go back to the recording industry, to compensate for lost sales (from copying CD's and burning MP3's). This is also the reason "music" CD-R's cost more. <_<