Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moving mp3s

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
This also porbably comes under the "dumb question" category...

I want to move a lot o mp3s from one pc to another, so I guess putting them on a cdr is the best way.

I use itunes to manage my music. How should I go about this?

And a few relevant questions..

Im a bit confused about the difference between "burning" music cds and mp3 cds.
I underatand a regular audio cd holds 18-20 songs, but if you want to put a few hundred mp3s on a cd to play in an mp3 player for example, how is that process different?

And is it different again to what I want to do, ie put the mp3 files on a cdr and then on to other pc?

Is "burning" mp3s the same as simply dragging them from itunes playlist to the cdr?

Confusing....

Thanks
K

Advertisements

friedpooodle

friedpooodle

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
What program do you use to burn your cd's?

hawthorn

hawthorn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I havent actually burned any cds in ages. I imagine I would use itunes, as this is the programme I use to manage my music.

K

friedpooodle

friedpooodle

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Alright. In iTunes click on Edit and scroll down to Preferences. There are several tabs and you're going to want to click on the Burning tab. Under Disc Format, Audio CD is checked. What you're going to want to do for transporting many mp3's is click on Data CD. Then you insert the blanc disc, have everything you want to burn ready, and than click Burn CD which is in the top right corner.

hawthorn

hawthorn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Many thanks! I can follow that!

K