Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird errors

• Please log in to reply

croco

croco

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello everyone! I'm posting this new topic here as a suggestion from one your colleagues. He helped with some issues on my pc but there are still some problems that i don't have a clue about and he thinks might be windows related. These are my problems:
I updated JAVA as a procedure that your colleague asked me to do but after i updated i cannot open Java from control panel. This comes up :The registry cannot find the registry key specified:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Javasoft/Java Runtime FW/1.6.0_01
Another problem is that sometimes the time on my pc gets set back exactly 10 hours.
Also for a while now everytime i open my pc this error comes up:"exception processing message c000013" and some letters and numbers something like a7cb5..... This error used to stop some programs from launching like ad-aware or spybot. It still does that rarely.
And my last problem is that for a while now my pc has been really slowing down especially my messenger program which takes a lot to open on start up.I thought it might be because i installed a firewall.
To mention that i use a windows xp service pack2.
If you guys can help me here i would really appreciate it, if not please tell me where to post.
Thanks!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi croco!

I'm posting this new topic here as a suggestion from one your colleagues. He helped with some issues on my pc

If this wasn't from the malware forum, may I suggest heading over there, following all the instructions from this link.

Cheers.

croco

croco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi! it was from the malware forum, from _rip_chain actually. He told me that my pc is free of malware and to post here for help with the issues i told you.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Okay no worries, glad they could help you out :whistling:
As long as the malware is gone, that's most of your problems sorted...

Okay, with the programs that are giving you errors, I suggest that you completely uninstall them and reinstall them. It's possible that either the virus or the removal techniques has damaged them, so simply open your control panel > add/remove programs and remove all the java and your messenger program listed there. Next, download CCleaner (if you don't already have it, it's in my signature) and run both the "Cleaner" and the "Issues" sections. When removing the issues, this is actually cleaning dead entries in your registry, so when it asks you to back up first, select yes and save the file to your desktop. You may need to run the issues section a few times, just keep going (and keep saving) until it finds no issues. Then you can reboot your computer, steer your browser back to this website and download the latest version to reinstall. Also you'll need to reinstall your messenger program - may I ask what messenger program you are using?

Also, if you haven't done so recently, may I suggest defragging and scanning your hard drive?

croco

croco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok here is what i did!
i uninstalled my messenger program (yahoo) and java. Then i downloaded the new versions of both and installed them. then i ran ccleaner, and rebooted.
At EVERY one of these operation the ''Exception processing message error.." came up 30+ times and installation or whatever had to happen in the 3 second breaks the [bleep] errror had. :whistling:
Anyway after rebooting from the ccleaner the error didn't show up at all....thank god.
For now i can open java from control panel again and the error isn't showing it's ugly head.
About what you said...i did scan my hard drive a few times and nothing,and i tried to defragment it but at about 12% it stoped saying that is all it could defragment.
thanks for your help and if my problems are gone for good i'll pray you win the lotery or something!
Just in case the error shows up again i will let you know.
Have a nice day and thank you.

croco

croco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
LOL...Sorry about the [bleep]....
The 30+ degrees celsius here must have gotten to me... :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

The 30+ degrees celsius here must have gotten to me...

Yes, that is a little on the warm side... Just don't forget heat is the number one enemy of computers, make sure your computer is running at appropriate levels. I use Speedfan to keep an eye on mine (especially in the summer), you can download it from my signature.

For defragmenting your hard drive, I recommend using JkDefrag, you can download it from my signature also. It's a very powerful tool, MUCH better than the in-built Windows defragger (or any other I've encountered yet, for that matter). Use it for your weekly defrag (you know, the one listed on your maintenance schedule??!!) instead.

if my problems are gone for good i'll pray you win the lotery or something!

Feel free to pray anyway!!!

Cheers :whistling:

croco

croco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Came back from small vacation today.So did my error.... :whistling: i will use those tools you said...but i'm beginning to think that mine is a hopeless case...Any more ideas for help?....thanks

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Go ahead and download HDtune in my signature and give it a run. Report back with results.

croco

croco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
kicked pc in the rear...all the way to the countryside ...for future vacations...bought a brand new one...The stress was too much for me.. :whistling: so i kind of fixed the problem.Anyway thank you for all your help and all the best for you guys.