Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inkjet has plenty of ink but still sucks!

• Please log in to reply

relmore

relmore

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Dell Inkjet 720

In a nutshell, the darn thing won't print color at all, and the black text printing has horizontal lines through the text. Text appears gray and faded unless I change the preferences to print to "Best Quality".

-I have run the nozzle self-cleansing utility 4-5 times with not much (if any) improvement.
-just replaced the black ink cartridge
-gf who owns printer says she just replaced color cartridge not long ago and has barely printed anything.
-dell printing software shows that both ink cartridges are nearly full. I believe this to be correct.
-unistalled printer and re-installed latest drivers from dell's website.
-shared printer on network to print from a different computer. same problems
-printer is 2 years old and is used under normal to light conditions as far as jobs printed.
-reconnected usb cable to ensure there was no faulty connection.

Any ideas?? is there some sort of manual cleansing that I could perform? perhaps the usb cable itself has gone bad?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements