Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows installed 4 times.

• Please log in to reply

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I use Windows XP Home. I have reformatted many times and i am having probs with gettin rid of old XP. All it does is make a new windows. Need help removing them so i can do a REAL reformat and delete EVERYTHING.

thanks.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
are you saying you have 4 windows operating systems on your pc? im going to check that might be a new record. start your computer and press the f8 key. how many windows xp's is showing?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
get DBAN HERE...look in the bios and set the boot order to A: (floppy ) first...then the cd drive...and then the hard drive ....( C: )boot with it in the cd drive or floppy drive if you go that route..it will erase the drive and you can start all over with the install...if you don't have a .ISO burning software go [url="http://"%20<a%20href="]http://www.snapfiles.com/get/burncdcc.html"[/url]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">here </a>and get burncdcc...its a small fast no frills .ISO burner

Edited by happyrck, 14 June 2007 - 08:44 AM.

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
ok thansk will do, ill let u know wat i get.