Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Zlob & Winfixer Problems

• Please log in to reply

shoechicki

shoechicki

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have run both the fixes you suggested to get rid of winfixer, neither of them has worked, I ran my spybot and McAfee again and I keep seeing Trojan Zlob and my system when it reboots after the virus scans keeps coming back with the windows of Windows is Shutting Down, Windows is restarting and it just keeps repeating itself even if I tell it to cancel! I also noticed that the SpyCatcher program downloaded on my system someone how and a pop up from that keeps appearing and I am unable to delete the program. Not sure what to try next to remove these issues, any suggestions? I have Windows Vista. Thank you.

:whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you post a HJT log in the Malware forum? That was the whole point of my directing you there earlier. We have some of the best malware experts anywhere who will walk you through getting your machine cleaned up.

Start a topic here. Paste a HiJackThis log in that topic for the experts to analyze and one of them will help you with the cleaning process. Keep in mind that they are very busy in that forum...it may be a bit before they get to you. They work from the older threads to the more recent ones. Be patient...it will be worth it.