Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with my wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

warcholc

warcholc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Recently stopped working (won't connect, or sometimes it says its connected but won't access interent, sometimes it does connect but runs really slow), can't figure out whats going on. It seems to be my home laptop because when I brought home my work laptop it connects fine. Please help

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
try plugging your laptop to your router via ethernet cable and see if it lets you on the net. post results back here.

warcholc

warcholc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well that was intersting, when I moved the laptop over by the router to plug it in, it connected (wirelessly) and worked fine. What's strange is that the laptop has worked fine in the past at the desk where I usually have it, but just recently it hasn't worked. Also the signal is showing up as very strong (4 out of 5 bars). Could there be interference from my phone or something. The desk isn't that far away from the router (only about 20 feet through a coule of walls).

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
yeah, certain things can cause interference like a cordless phone, microwave and others. did you or anyone else in your house get anything new that might interfere before you started having the problems? Eventhough it sounds like an interference problem you could still try updating the wireless card drivers.

Edited by ViprXX, 14 June 2007 - 02:22 AM.