Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
whenever i cut/copy/paste/delete (anything under right click) a file everything related to windows explorer closes down and am returned to my desktop with the "Active Desktop Recovery" display! the funny thing is it doesnt act the same way if i use the move to/copy to options on "file on folder task options" on the left hand side of the window HELP!

i'm positive its not spyware i use avg anti-spyware + spybot s&d + spyware blaster and mcafee total security suite

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
check your Event Viewer in Control Panel>Administrative Tools for any errors.

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
what am i looking for there? i dont get an error as such , only all the windows explorer related windows closes

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
i just noticed that it happens usually when i right click a location! when the active desktop recovery error comes and i click on restore by desktop i get a script error in ref to :

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Anirudh/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Desktop.htt

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
i dont know whats wrong with g2g these days , my problems NEVER get sorted and no one bothers to reply , just sometimes a normal member replies , guess the staffs sleepin