Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing audio device

• Please log in to reply

Phil H.

Phil H.

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have just upgraded my generic system with a new motherboard and the on-board audio does not work. If you try to do anything with sound on the control panel it says 'No Audio device'. If I disable the on_boasrd audio and install a OBM sound care (which was working fine) I get the same result. I also have a new hard drive as a filed drive was the impetus for the upgrade.
Diskette drive also does not work.

I loaded the system board CD for the drivers but all I saw were RAID drivers.

Board is ecs P4M800PRO-M
INTEL P4 Dual Core 1800 Mhz
1 GB PC2700 memory
Maxtor 160 GB disk
Windows XP Home

Edited by Phil H., 14 June 2007 - 10:01 AM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Right click on My Computer and select Manage. From there select the Device Manager. Click the "+" next to Sound, Video, and Game Controllers. Do you see a yellow "!" anywhere?

Did you install the drivers CD that came with your MOBO?

Phil H.

Phil H.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:whistling: Thank you, thank you, :blink:

I thought I had a hardware problem but drivers were lurking in the back of my mind. It has been a long time since I have regularly worked with machines or Windows to an great extent. I was trying to get to the device manager through the control panel and not having much luck. Your instruction to get to the dev. ngr was all I needed.

I was able to fix the audio drivers. I asa;so fixed the drivers for my (broken) SCSI scanner and the video which was running in default VGA mode. I now, no longer have any yellow wuestion marks in the dev. mgr..

The floppy drive cable was reversed. Everything now works.

Best regards,

Phil H.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Glad to hear you got it worked out :whistling:.