Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Jacked Internet/AV program(hijack log)

• Please log in to reply

amateur

amateur

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 173 posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear that. :whistling: You had a vundo infection, and it has been cleaned. All logs came out clean. But your internet connection problem still persists. I believe these two problems are not related.

The fact that other browsers also don't work suggests that it's not an internet explorer problem. It's not a malware issue either because the logs are all clean now. I suspect it's either a hardware or a networking issue, which are out of this forum's scope. I would suggest that you post this problem at the Networking forum. Please let them know that you received help here and give them the link to this thread below, so that they'll know what has been done so far:

http://www.geekstogo...436#entry992436 what has transpired so far.

================================

Before going to the Networking forum, please do the following:

Please remove/delete all the tools I asked you to download, except Ccleaner. Use Add/Remove Programs to remove if listed there otherwise just delete them. Ccleaner is a useful tool to keep for cleaning your cookies and temp files on a regular basis.

Also delete the following folders:

C:\QooBox
C:\Combofix

Empty your Recycle bin.

==============================

Create a new System Restore point to prevent reinfection from old restore points.

Go to Start>Run and type sysdm.cpl. Press Enter
  • Select the System Restore Tab
  • Place a check in "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
  • Click Apply
  • next, uncheck the same checkbox.
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
You can also find instructions on how to disable and re enable system restore here:
Windows XP System Restore Guide

Good luck!

Advertisements