Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accepting credit card payments

• Please log in to reply

newwebsite

newwebsite

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi there, im looking at designing a site that will accept credit/debit card payments, however i need some questions answering if anyone has the answers?

First of all can i get away with using a web host such as 1and1 for this site
Secondly what code am i looking at using, i assume html is no good so do i need asp or what?
What kind of bank account is required do i need a business account, do i need to regiser as a VAT registered company (im in england by the way)
What do i do about secure connections, ive worked with these before but i was sitting at a server, how would i go about making it work when i upload it to a host, would they have to do it for me?
Ive seen software that does this kind of thing for you, what does it involve and is it worth it?

Would it be a million times beter to use nochex? Ive never used it but am i right in assuming that users dont have to register they just enter card details and it goes into the nochex account? thanks a lot

Also, sorry i know theres a load of questions, ive used the charon cart add-on for dreamweaver to make a shopping cart before, i used the free one and to be honest it worked a bit but there were bugs, is the paid version much better or is there any better alternatives? i would prefer one that snaps in on dreamweaver like charon cart ie a menu appears and you can drag first name last name etc? thanks a lot for any help anyone can give

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
1) Yes, you can use 1and1 to host your site to accept credit card payments.

2) Well, you can use paypal to accept credit card payments. You just have to have a paypal businiess account, and they are free. And you can put the "paypal pay now via credit card" button in html.

:whistling:

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
you could go to your bank and set up a buisness account, and speak to them.

We have got a credit card machine and they offered us a service to pay only, the info is passed onto their site and then it is paid for that way! people will feel safer paying that way, as they can see a banks name!

hope that helps!