Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing drivers

• Please log in to reply

SpanishFly225

SpanishFly225

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I recently reinstalled windows xp for the first time. After doing so, i had to reinstall some drivers. I have a Gateway MX6440 notebook. I got most of the drivers installed but i cant seem to find a few of them. This is the website where i got the other ones.

Gatway website

The ones that I can find are called

Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Modem

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Hello! :whistling:

It looks like the drivers you need are on here.
Media Reader
Modem
Motherboard
Wireless
Wired
Audio
Touchpad
Graphics

You'll have to restart a few times when installing all of these, but they should work. Any others that you need?

Edited by Pi rules, 14 June 2007 - 02:53 PM.

SpanishFly225

SpanishFly225

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for your help.

The Ethernet Driver worked. The other two did not, however.
The driver for the modem ran the installation but didnt change anything. The audio driver ran through the installation and reported back an installation failure.

I am not sure what to do here.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Did you do the entire installation? I believe the file you download just self-extracts some files.
To run the modem driver, go to Start | Run and type C:\Cabs\D00411-001-001\Hxfsetup.exe then click OK and complete the installation. For the audio driver type C:\Cabs\D00377-002-001\Setup.exe.

You can also try to remove the existing generic drivers that XP installed then restart to see if it automatically detects the devices.